So yummy and so easy!! I told myself this past weekend that I need to start making it easier on myself and start using the crockpot more often. This delicious masterpiece was the result!
Here’s what you need to combine in the crockpot:
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 15 oz jar of medium salsa (my personal favorite is Wegmans organic)
- 2 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbls brown sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
Mix everything together in the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred the pork and cook another 1/2 hour – 1 hour.
Toppings and accessories: Use all or just a few. The * are what I used.
- Whole wheat soft taco shells *
- Avocado *
- Red onion, diced small *
- Cheddar cheese, shredded *
- Hot sauce, if desired (Deathwish is my FAVORITE!) *
- Lettuce, shredded
- Sour Cream
Place the shredded pork on a shell, put the toppings on and enjoy!
Here’s a peak at what it looks like after shredding: