Do you have an abundance of vegetables from your garden and not sure what to do with them?? Well, find the biggest zucchini or yellow squash you have and stuff it with a mix of vegetables, quinoa and little cheese and call it a day! This will take about 1/2 hour to prep and 1/2 to cook.
I can’t take credit for this coming from my own garden; it actually came from my sisters. Great job Em! I was unsuccessful this year, however, I did benefit from others 🙂
In my version, I used a number of vegetables and white quinoa. You can honestly use whatever you have available if you don’t have exactly what’s in this ingredient list.
What you need:
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 orange pepper
- 1/4 sweet onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tomato
- 3 carrots
- 5 collard green leaves
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 Tbls olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Chop the carrots, onion, pepper, collard greens and tomato.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sautee pan on medium high heat. Preheat the oven to 375.
- First add the carrots and let simmer for 3 minutes. Then add the onion, garlic, pepper, and collard greens and simmer another 5 minutes (or until veggies are soft) stirring every minute. Add the S&P also. Lastly, add the tomato.
- Add the broth, water, and quinoa. Mix well and reduce to medium heat. Simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- While that’s cooking prepare the zucchini. Slice in half lengthwise, remove the skin and scoop out the center.
- Remove the lid, stir and simmer another 2 minutes or until the liquid has been dissolved and the rings show on the quinoa.
- Stuff the mixture into the zucchini, top with parm and bake for 20-30 minutes. It really depends on how big your zucchini is. It will look and feel soft.