Here’s what you’ll need:
- Italian bread, sliced lengthwise
- Olive oil
- garlic powder
- dried oregano
- S & P
- Homemade tomato sauce
- Italian sausage, precooked (preferably in the sauce) and sliced thin
- Meatballs, precooked (again in the sauce) and sliced
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- spread olive oil over the bread along with garlic powder, oregano, S & P, and parm cheese.
- Place on a sheet tray and toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and top with tomato sauce, sausage, and meatballs. Then top with more Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
I have to admit, I’m not ready to give up my family recipe for traditional Italian sauce (aka gravy). It is the first thing I learned to cook on my own and is close to my heart. So, I’ve found a great comp that you can use as a guide so that you can make your own! Click the link to find that along with a meatball recipe. You should know by now that I never buy pre-made 🤓