Did you ever wake up on the weekend or your day off and think, “I’m going to make a killer breakfast”? However, you don’t have a clue what that killer breakfast will be or what you can throw together that’s in your fridge to make it “killer”. Well…here it is.
All you need is a somewhat salty meat (ham, bacon or in my case a slice of prosciutto that I had left over), a variety of veggies, eggs and a spicy sauce if you’re into that kinda thing. In my opinion, the spicy sauce is the killer part. It brings it all together.
What you’ll need:
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1 Tbls milk
- 3/4 avocado, cubed
- 1 slice prosciutto, finely chopped
- 5 grape size heirloom tomatoes, sliced in halve lengthwise
- 1 cup raw spinach, chopped
- 1/2 Tbls butter
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- All season salt
- 2 sprigs of parsley for garnish
The spicy sauce:
- 2 Tbls plain Greek yogurt
- A few dashes of your favorite hot sauce, depending on how spicy you like it
- Garlic powder
I also served breakfast with a lightly toasted bagel, cherries & mini yellow plums that I got from a local farm. They were delicious!
What to do:
- Prep your ingredients and put a large sautée pan on medium heat.
- Sautée the prosciutto for 2 minutes, add the avocado and tomatoes and sautée for another 2 minutes.
- In the meantime wisk the eggs, milk, garlic powder, all season salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Clear a space in the center of the pan and melt the butter, mix everything together and add the eggs. Top with the spinach, cover and turn the heat down. Make sure the eggs evenly dispurse in the pan.
- Cook on low for 3-4 minutes and gently take large sections of the egg and flip them. It’ll break apart don’t worry it’s ok. Just try to flip as big of a piece as possible. I did it in 4’s.
- Fold over one large piece on top of another for one serving. Do the same for the second serving. Top with the sauce, parsley for presentation and serve with you favorite sides.