Sure; why not? Now, I must say there is a turkey going along with this in my house. I have a great way to prepare a bone in leg of lamb that would be a great addition to your thanksgiving feast! You can roast it or smoke, you choose.
Smother it in harissa! Make your own right at home. It’s spicy, but delicious at that.
Start with the main ingredient, dried chilies. Use any kind you like. I got these ones from the owner of an authentic Mexican restaurant so they can really be any type.
- 4 oz dried chilies
- 4 cloves of garlic
- cardamom pods
- sea salt
- black pepper
- lemon curd
- tomato paste or sauce
- 2 Tbls olive oil
These amounts are for about a 5 lb leg of lamb.
What to do:
- Soak the chilies in boiling water for 1/2 hour. Reserve the water for the sauce. Remove any stems and seeds.
- Toast the herbs in a small pan over the stove
- Grind all the spices in a coffee or herb grinder.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and process until smooth.
- Add reserved water if necessary. It depends on the consistentcy you need.
In the food processor: