This is the best pic I have of this meal and the only one. I hesitated on posting it, however, it was sooooo delicious I couldn’t pass it up. What you see is a bubbling result of fresh, quality ingredients that was finished in no time at all! This is the perfect meal to make on a weeknight when you don’t have much time.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 Tbls Butter
- 3 Tbls Whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole milk
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small package of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Cups fresh baby spinach
- Chicken breasts from a Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 Package Potato Gnocchi
- Parmesan Reggiano, grated
- Fresh cracked pepper
- All season salt
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Shred the chicken breasts from the rotisserie chicken and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Slice the mushrooms if you didn’t buy them presliced and mince the garlic cloves (I use a garlic mincer from pamper chef and love it!).
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet on medium high heat. You can also use another type of pan you can put into the oven.
- Add the flour whisking constantly and about 2-3 minutes. You are creating a roux.
- Add the milk, chicken broth, garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add the gnocchi, chicken, spinach and mushrooms and lightly mix together until everything is coated with the sauce.
- Turn off the heat and top with Parmesan cheese generously.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the top is browned and the sauce is bubbling.