This recipe is certainly a keeper. I will definitely be making this again. My husband even asked me to and that’s coming from someone who doesn’t typically like tofu. With tofu, it’s all about the spices and the amount of them you use. It’s also about the quality. I used Nasoya Extra Firm Tofu which is organic and non GMO.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 package (14 oz) extra firm tofu
- 3 large leaves Swiss chard
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 can black beans
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp season all salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cheddar “cheese”, shredded
- 1 tsp olive oil
Optional (shown in my pic):
- Sprouted Grain Bread
What to do:
- Heat a large sauté pan on medium and add the olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms, pepper and Swiss chard and sauté about five minutes starring every minute.
- While you wait, remove the liquid from the tofu. Place 2 paper towels under and 2 above and press lightly. Repeat as necessary. You’ll need several paper towels to absorb it all.
- Mix the spices in a bowl.
- Add the beans to the sauté pan and the whole block of tofu in the middle.
- Break the tofu into small pieces while mixing everything together.
- Add the spices and mix. Sauté another 5 minutes.
- Add the “cheese” on top and melt. (Check out Daiya)