Well, it’s been a while since my last post. I guess I’ve been busy!!
I’m really glad summer is here. There are so many healthy and yummy things to eat this season. Here is one of them, although, I make them year round 🙂 This is great for vegetarians and could even be converted to vegan by using vegan feta cheese!!
What you’ll need:
- 8 oz Baby Bella or White Mushrooms
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed and moisture removed
- 8 oz feta cheese
- Olive Oil
- S & P
What to do:
- Defrost the spinach, preferably overnight, and remove the moisture.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Using a very small spoon or scoop, remove some of the inner cap of the mushrooms. Chop the stems and inners and set aside to add into the stuffing mixture.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Add the onions, peppers and mushrooms ends and sautée for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and spinach and cook another 2 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the feta cheese to the stuffing a mix together adding S & P to taste.
- Stuff the mixture into mushroom caps. It should completely fill the cap so be generous.
- Bake in the oven until soft and juicy about 15 minutes.
2 thoughts on “Feta and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms”
Every ingredient is a YES! 🌟✨💫
I agree!! These are truly yummy…enjoy!
LikeLiked by 1 person